Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shake The Disease

'Shake The Disease' was a hit single for electro-pop band Depeche Mode way back in 1985. The haunting and infectious melody ensured this was one of the best and memorable songs within the band's vast catalogue for many of their fans.

Depeche Mode is such an important band to me. I will do a full write-up on the band sometime soon.

I like songs that capture the mood of the times we are living in. This song is most apt for what the world is experiencing now with a certain mysterious virus spreading around the globe and infecting human beings.

'Here is a plea from my heart to you
Nobody knows me as well as you do
You know how hard it is for me to shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue in situations like these'

- Shake The Disease





No comments: