Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sex On Fire ; Kings Of Leon

I have not been keeping in touch with current music and bands so much but when i do discover some from time to time, they are usually so good i think they are heaven-sent to someone whose ears are so attuned to the music of the 80s and 90s. I will be writing about a few good bands i have heard since the turn of the century in my next few posts.

I recently discovered Kings Of Leon and how they blew my mind away on the first hearing. They are an American band with a blend of raw but yet fresh sounding rock anthems. Their latest album Only By the Night released in 2008 elevated them to international acclaim and surely one of the best bands in this planet at the moment and for a long time to come.

'Sex On Fire' was the first song i heard from them and i knew for that instant it was something special. This powerful anthem from their latest album won the band a Grammy award last year and deservedly so. This guitar-driven rock tune really sounds as good as the title suggest. Listen to it here.

'Use Somebody' follows up with another strong single that has the singer talks about looking for someone he likes and how he hopes she will notice him somehow. It is a brilliant song and that sweet simple sounding refrain chorus will surely stuck with me (and anyone who hears it) for a long long while.

Other good tracks from this great album are 'Closer', 'Revelry' and 'Manhattan'

'You, your sex is on fire...' - Sex on Fire

'I hope it's going to make you notice
someone like me...'

-
Use Somebody



No comments: