Friday, June 12, 2009

Everybody's Changing

Keane is a British trio band who debuted their album 'Hopes and Fears' in 2004 to much acclaim and success. Their unconventional brand of music using vocals, drums and piano as the leading
instrument in their songs was unique and fresh-sounding. I did hear their subsequent releases but those had made little impression on me. I can only attribute it to the lack of consistent guitar sounds in their music. To me, they will never surpass the brilliance of this debut album and especially the following three tracks which remain my firm favorites.


'Everybody's Changing', the outstanding debut single is their best track for me. An unforgettable piano riff and great vocals makes this a great and fresh listen, even till this day. And what a great music video to accompany this song.



'Somewhere Only We Know' is another sentimental track with its pulsating piano track , coupled with great vocals.






'This Is The Last Time' - a semi-fast song that rides on the success of the first two singles. Shimmering pianos, excellent.







'Everybody's changing and i don't feel the same...'

- Everybody's Changing



No comments: