Saturday, February 27, 2010

Losing My Mind

I was in my final year in primary school 1989 when i heard this song by American singer Liza Minneli. Back then, MTV was popular on television and i got to know many new songs week in and week out and that was where i first heard 'Losing My Mind'. It was actually an old song taken from a musical in the 1960s but the collaboration between Liza Minnelli and pop duo Pet Shop Boys elevated the song to a modern pop classic and a successful one on the charts.

The song tells from the pespective of a girl whose thoughts are always of the person she loves.

I was wrong to rush into things and not letting things be as they are for the past two weeks, and being less than understanding. And causing discomfort to someone, which i deeply regretted. I hope to change all that and be a better person for it. I hope i have the chance to do so and hope it is not too late.

'All afternoon
Doing every little chore
The thought of you stays bright.
Sometimes i stand in the middle of the floor
Not going left, not going right'

- Losing My Mind

No comments: