Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lobo ; A Valentine's Day Post

Lobo is a American singer-songwriter whose real name was Roland Kent Lavoie. He scored successful singles in the early 70s onwards with 'Stoney', 'Me & You & A Dog Named Boo', 'I Love You To Want Me', 'How Can I Tell Her', 'It Sure Took A Long Long Time' among others. His brand of laid-back country style sentimental music makes for a relaxing listen and i found his music when i was schooling during my teens, courtesy of my elder brother's records.

'I Love You To Want Me' is easily one of Lobo's most popular hits and a love song that will not go wrong in any way. I always thought that on this (and any) Valentine's Day, or just about any day, it will be the most appropriate song to play to a loved one.

'Baby, i love you to want me
The way that i want you
The way that it should be
Baby, you love me to want you
The way that i want to
If you only let it be'

'How Can I Tell Her' is one of the most interesting love songs i have ever heard. Beneath the sweet melody lies a tragic story of the complications of adult love. The guy in the song is trapped and caught between two loves and imploring his lover on how to tell his partner about her.

'How Can I Tell Her About You?
Girl, please tell me what to do
Everything seems right
Whenever i'm with you
So girl, won't you tell me
How to tell her about you?'

Why not take this time to tell that special someone in your life how much that person means to you right here and now.




No comments: