Saturday, May 23, 2009

INXS

INXS (read as 'in-ex-cess') is one of the most successful rock bands to emerge from Australia and has inspired almost every music band that has sprouted from the Land Down Under since.
Fronted by charismatic frontman Michael Hutchence, their music were well-received all over the globe.

The very first song i heard from this band was 'Never Tear Us Apart' sometime in 1988. This heartfelt ballad is also one of their best and most recognizable song. Michael Hutchence's yearning and sincere vocals are at their best here. Listen and watch the MTV here. Enigmatic and with an innate showmanship, he is regarded as one of the best rock music stars. He also has a string of romances with famous celebrities and stars including Australian female star Kylie Minogue. Unfortunately, his glittering life was cut short in 1997 from an apparent suicide.

Some of my other favourites are 'By My Side', 'Suicide Blonde', 'Disappear', 'Beautiful Girl', 'Need You Tonight'








'In the dark of the night
Those small hours
Uncertain and anxious
I need to call you

In the dark of night
By my side
I wish you were
I wish you were...'

- By My Side



No comments: