Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goodbye Uncle ; You'll Never Walk Alone

My uncle passed away on this day today, after battling illnesses.

For the whole afternoon, i laid on my bed with memories of my uncle fleeting through my mind like a flashback tape. The fondest perhaps was the time when i stayed over at my grandma's place when outrageously, he would take afternoon leave from work just to be back home to play soccer video games with us. Those imageries remain fresh. Life feels the most poignant at moments of loss such as these.

My uncle was a fervent Liverpool fan. i was playing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' repeatedly during evening time and instinctively, the tears just flowed.

'You'll Never Walk Alone'

When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.


I hope you are in a better place now uncle kiat and you will be remembered and missed always. I am sure i will think of you on every soccer match day from now onwards. Wherever you are, You'll Never Walk Alone.

No comments: